Monday, August 1, 2011

Departures.

As I'm typing this, I'm sitting at Gate 7 of Orlando International Airport waiting to board the flight that will take me to Costa Rica. 

Already God has proven himself so faithful. Upon arriving to fly, I was met with hoards of people waiting in line to check in for their flights. Immediately I felt nervous, especially being alone. While waiting though, I happened to spot none other than Spencer Boulter of 6:8 Ministries at the very back. Needless to say he joined me and we not only navigated bag check and security together but are now seat buddies. It's amazing how God can intervene in the smallest and simplest of ways; even if it means sending someone familiar to make an intimidating experience a happy one. 

 This entire week I've had a particular verse in my head and heart that has been a great comfort. It speaks of how God is our confidence. That same word in the original text means something similar to unshakeable. So basically no matter how we competent we might be feeling, God is always our immovable and steady source of security. It completely sums up the place I am in at this point. I feel nothing short of resolute. I'm so ready to begin this new chapter of my life and can't wait to see what it holds for me. 

I'll see you guys in Alajuelita! :)

Don't fear sudden danger or the ruin of the wicked when it comes, for the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from a snare. Proverbs 3: 25-26 

No comments:

Post a Comment